In addition to continually learning and updating his own training, Chong is an avid trainer and actively collaborates with other dentists to grow their skills and help them improve their knowledge of periodontics and implant dentistry. Dental colleagues are welcome to attend the ‘Let’s Talk’ events listed below, and also he offers one-to-one training in practice at any level.
Expanding your skillset into these areas can seem daunting, but Chong is well-known for his friendly, approachable manner with patients and colleagues alike. He will guide your learning with patience, support and without any judgement. He can offer mentoring, case collaboration and a full range of bespoke learning for perio and implants. Simply get in touch to learn more and to start the conversation.
Let’s talk about…
Periodontics and dental implants
This summer we launch our ‘Let’s talk about it’ series of lectures and study clubs, in conjunction with the ITI Richmond Study Club. We are delighted to have Professor Roberto Rotundo as our first speaker and we would like to extend an invitation to ALL to attend this engaging event.
Later in the year, we will announce further dates in the ‘Let’s talk about it’ series, as we are committed to helping GDPs have a better understanding of implant and periodontal therapy.
Soft tissue management around dental implants
The International Team for Implantology
11th July 6.30pm – 9pm
Lecture and discussion with refreshments served
Aims & Objectives:
- To discuss the rationale and common techniques performed in mucogingival surgery around dental implants
- To understand and learn what type of approach results as the most effective for solving soft tissue defects
Dr Roberto Rotundo
Dr Roberto Rotundo is a Senior Clinical Lecturer and Locum Consultant at the Periodontal Unit, Eastman Dental Institute, University College of London (UK). He has authored more than 100 publications and participated as speaker in several national and international conferences. He was Fellow Researcher and Adjunct Professor in Periodontology at the University of Siena and University of Florence (Italy) from 1998 to 2016. Winner of several research prizes by the Swiss Society of Periodontology, Italian Society of Periodontology and the European Federation of Periodontology-Jaccard Prize. He is an active member of the Italian Society of Periodontology (SIdP).
‘Let’s talk about it’ series future events:
The implant overdenture: lecture and hands-on workshop
Saturday 18th August, 9.30am – 1pm
Chong Lim and Larry Browne
‘Let’s talk about it’ series future topics – speakers and dates to be confirmed
- Implant planning with digital technology: lecture & hands-on
- Case planning & discussions
- 25 years of bone regeneration: tips & tricks (lecture in October)
- Update 2018 for hygienists & therapists: 1) Your role in managing implants 2) The new classification in periodontal diseases (lecture in November)
- Predictable shade taking (workshop)
- Denture design clinics (workshop)
- Getting started with implant dentistry (workshop)
- Safer, simpler bone regeneration (workshop)
- Safer, simpler sinus lift (workshop)
- Safer, simpler implant treatment (workshop)